What We Offer
Find your Personal Success and Contentment
FOCUS Performance Psychology’s team of Psychologists also work with Individuals to achieve a Good Mental Health.
Stress can lead to both anxiety/worrying and to depression. It is not a sign of weakness. Pressure, viruses and childbirth can trigger depression in people who never had it previously. If you have trouble concentrating on what you are reading or seeing on TV, this is a strong indicator there is something wrong. It strikes men, women and children, even athletes and elite performers, causing them to lose motivation, energy and the pleasure of everyday life. Clinical depression often goes untreated because people don’t recognize its many symptoms. The good news is that almost everyone who gets treated can soon feel better.
The Psychologists at FOCUS Performance Psychology can assist you.
Here is a checklist of ten symptoms of clinical depression. If you experience five or more of these symptoms for longer than two weeks or if the symptoms are severe enough to interfere with your daily routine, you should see your doctor or a qualified mental health professional.
- A persistent sad, anxious or ’empty’ mood
- Sleeping too little or sleeping too much
- Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased appetite and weight gain
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Restlessness or irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms that don’t respond to treatment
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
(Ref. – www.beyondblue.org.au )
For additional information use attached Links , Contact your GP or Speak to one of our Psychologists.